Individuals will gain hands-on experience working with a small team of highly skilled Guest Services Managers. You will have an invaluable learning experience as you assist in the many steps involved in public programming event management from planning and researching to event set up and breakdown. This position offers interns a valuable opportunity to learn about event management that will assist them in both the nonprofit and for-profit sectors.
– Event Management, Hospitality, Sales or related area of study
– Excellent writing and communication skills
– Excited to meet and work with people and able to research events
– Motivated, self-starter who can take minimal direction and see projects through
– Able to help with some set-up and tear-down of tables, chairs, technical equipment, etc.
– Academic credit or non-credit accepted
– Must have complete PA Child Abuse Clearance and PA Criminal Background check
– You must be at least 18 years of age
– Internship sessions are offered Fall, Spring and Summer sessions
– Scheduling is based on the needs of Elmwood Park Zoo and intern
– The minimum required time is 10 hours per work week
– Assist with the development of programs that are open to the public
– Supporting EPZ departments during events
– Send emails and make calls to potential vendors and sponsors
– Research other facilities and venues to bring new events to the zoo
– Help set up and break down events; get supplies ready i.e. tables, chairs, etc.
– Other duties as assigned
– Interns will be provided with the opportunity to learn in an AZA accredited facility that meets the highest standards in zoo practices
– Interns will be provided with hands on experiential learning and mentored by our trained and skilled staff
– Interns will experience working in a fun one on one environment, catered toward their goals
– Internships at Elmwood Park Zoo are developed to provide a rich learning experience and are non-remunerative
– EPZ Internships may be applied to receive college credit in accordance to your school’s policy
Public Zoo Programming Internship Application
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You must complete a PA Criminal Background Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance and submit the results to us.
- You are a current college student or a recent graduate majoring in or having majored in a relevant course of study to the internship that you seek. OR; You are a current professional considering a career change and are seeking relevant experience.
Applications are kept on file for 12 months. Incomplete applications will not be considered.