Seasonal Treetop Adventure Guide/Ride Attendant
Position: Seasonal Treetop Adventure Guide/Ride Attendant
Reports to: Treetop Managers
Coordinates with: All Zoo Departments
Summary of Responsibilities:
This individual should be highly motivated, responsible, and personable and should have a proactive attitude and show leadership skills. Guides are expected to have an outgoing personality, ability to problem-solve, and must follow protocol in the health and well-being of our animals. Guides are key members of the Elmwood Park Zoo staff and operate as the “face” of the zoo. The Elmwood Park Zoo Treetop Adventures department operates in a variety of facets, and guides are expected to be trained and knowledgeable in all guest relations areas. Adventure guides have the opportunity to work at a number of locations, either indoors or outdoors, throughout the Elmwood Park Zoo. Guides must exhibit a positive, friendly, helpful attitude with guests and coworkers to maintain a quality zoo experience. Responsibilities may include operating & balancing a point-of-sale system (POS register), stocking, inventory and light cleaning. Adventure guides also have the opportunity to help guests daily by answering questions, providing information and assisting with special requests. Other responsibilities include assisting with event setups and execution, as well as providing tours and assisting on small programs, such as birthday parties.
- To assist the Zoo in fostering an appreciation of wildlife and their habitats that will inspire active participation in conservation.
- Assist management in ensuring safety, cleanliness, and efficiency in all areas of the operation of the Zoo.
- Be available as per business needs.
- Follow and adhere to all policies and procedures and safety protocols for the department and the Zoo.
- Adhere to proper dress attire at all time
- Communicate effectively with both adults and children in both group and individual settings
- Ability to contribute in a team setting
- Learn all aspects of the Treetop Adventures experience and follow through with training at the ropes course and carousel.
- Responsible for responding to customer inquiries in regards to admission rates, hours of operations, memberships, birthday parties, group rates, special engagements, etc. relating to Treetop Adventures and amusements.
- Informs Managers of day’s profits, comments, complaints, or concerns
- Responsible for balancing register at Treetop Adventures Harness House
- Assist management, with restocking/daily cleanliness in Harness House, equipment shed and carousel.
- Responsible for basic daily maintenance, inspecting, cleanliness and organization of park area, including all courses, zip lines, harnesses, carousel, and other various equipment used
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Treetop Adventures Managers.
- Frequently standing for long periods of times
- Must be able to work at heights comfortably
- Ability to traverse through course by climbing, balancing and standing in a tree with a harness
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to be exposed to all season weather conditions
- Many shifts are available with flexible hours, including weekends and some nights.
- Strong communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Education: High School Diploma
Work Experience: Previous cashier experience and knowledge of Point of Sales register a plus.
Identification: A valid Driver’s license/State ID or Passport and second form of valid identification is required. Ability to pass background and child abuse clearances.
Salary range: 12.00 to 16.00 hourly depending on experience