Boo at the Zoo returns on Saturday, October 10. Bring the little ones for a fun-filled afternoon for princesses, ghosts and superheroes of all ages. Make sure to bring your trick-or-treat bag, as treat and activity stations will be located throughout the zoo. Come dressed in your creative costume and enter our costume contest and parade. Adults are encouraged to dress up too!
*This event is free to attend with zoo admission
COSTUME CONTEST • TRICK-OR-TREATING • ANIMAL MEET AND GREETS • DRINK SPECIALS
Boo at the Zoo takes place weekends at Elmwood Park Zoo,
October 10th through November 1st, from 12:00 to 3:00 PM.
Saturday, October 10
Sunday, October 11
Saturday,October 17 –
Meet your favorite out-of-this-world characters from the Garrison Carida of the 501st Legion
Sunday, October 18-
Meet super heroes, princesses and more thanks to Cosplayers Cares
Saturday, October 24
Sunday, October 25
Saturday, October 31-
Mini Pumpkin Giveaway Sponsored by T-Mobile
Sunday, November 1
Please Note: At this time we cannot accept any free zoo admission tickets or library passes for our special events, including Boo at the Zoo. All general admission tickets for Boo at the Zoo must be timed and dated for the event. Yearly Members do not need to purchase Boo at the Zoo tickets.
Face masks are required for all guests, with the exception of those with conditions in which wearing a mask
may be harmful to their health, and children ages two and under.
Boo at the Zoo is made possible thanks to
Interested in Volunteering?
We have many volunteer opportunities throughout the fall season to help with our themed events (Boo at the Zoo, Harvest Fest, & Trick-or-Treat Nights). Volunteering positions include helping guests with crafts, giving out treats, assisting photo opportunities, and many other tasks. If you are interested consider signing up for an afternoon or even several! Everyone who volunteers will be entered into a raffle to win a chance to feed our porcupine Pokey or catch our black vulture Hoover as part of a flight demonstration. Please click the button below to fill out our volunteer application.
Boo at the Zoo Vendors
Please note: vendors will vary for each day of the event.
2020 Fall Event
Vendor Agreement Form
Vendors are required to handout palm oil-free candy or one non-food item. All candy must be sealed and individually wrapped. We encourage sponsors to also bring a toddler friendly option, such as pretzels, crackers, or a non-food item for families with younger kids or allergies.
*Prohibited handout items: balloons, bouncy balls, or other small objects that might accidentally end up in animal enclosures.
- Please arrive at least 60 minutes before the event starts.
- Vendors are required to provide their own table, chairs, tents (no larger than 10×10′) gloves and any additional supplies needed.
- It is recommended vendors bring own carts or trolleys if possible as set-up might be anywhere within the zoo.
- Parking will be in the main lot, separate from the supplies drop off location. Please keep this in mind when organizing for this event.
- Any electricity needs must be requested by October 1, 2020 with the Special Events Manager. Spots with an electrical outlet are limited and provided on a first come, first served basis.
- Elmwood Park Zoo assumes no responsibility to provide, order, or pay for any materials.
- Providing candy and/or conservation-minded product samples for event attendees is required!
- All vendors, both attending and providing materials, will be featured in our e-advertisements for the event.
- The event will be taking place from 12 pm to 3 pm. Vendors are required to stay for the duration of the event.
- Boo at the Zoo is free to attend as a vendor but donations are appreciated. Checks can be made payable to Elmwood Park Zoo and any credit cards can be taken over the phone.
Vendors during Covid:
- Masks are required to be worn by all guests’ ages 3 and up with the exception of guests who have a medical condition that prevents them from doing so.
- Vendors are required to hand out any giveaways to the guests and must be wearing gloves while doing so. Giveaways must be individually wrapped if possible.
- All vendors will be required to set-up at least 6ft from other vendors and should maintain proper social distancing behaviors whenever possible.
- Frequent hand-washing or use of hand sanitizer is highly recommended. Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the Zoo.