Individuals will gain hands-on experience in promotions, branding, corporate partnership, sponsorship, community relations, non-profit development, preparation of events, data entry and analysis. This internship focuses heavily on creative writing. Marketing interns assist the Marketing Department with writing e-mails, maintaining the Adopt an Animal Program, Outreach Marketing Events, taking and editing photos, social media outlets and ongoing projects. They will also assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of promotional strategies. Interns receive exposure to all of the department’s functions and responsibilities.
– The internship is open to current college students, recent college graduates in the field of Marketing, Communications, or related area of study
– Excellent writing and communication skills is required
– Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
– Knowledge in Adobe creative suite is not required, but prefered
– Familiarity with a variety of social network mediums
– Knowledge of web design and HTML preferred but not required
– Must have complete/clear PA Child Abuse Clearance and PA Criminal Background check
– You must be at least 18 years of age
– Internship sessions are 12 weeks in length and are offered Fall, Spring, Winter and Summer
– Schedule is based on the needs of Elmwood Park Zoo and intern
– Animal e-mail updates
– Maintaining Adopt an Animal program
– Outreach Marketing Events
– Assist Marketing Staff with managing social media outlets
– Help develop new marketing strategies
– Taking and editing photos
– Participate in ongoing project
– Other duties as assigned
– Interns will be provided with the opportunity to learn in an AZA accredited facility that meets the highest standards in zoo practices
– Interns will be provided with hands on experiential learning and mentored by our Director of Marketing and Marketing Associates
– Interns will experience working in a fun one on one environment, catered toward their goals
– Internships at Elmwood Park Zoo are developed to provide a rich learning experience and are non-remunerative
– EPZ Internships may be applied to receive college credit in accordance to your school’s policy
Marketing Internship Application
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You must complete a PA Criminal Background Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance and submit the results to us.
- You are a current college student or a recent graduate majoring in or having majored in a relevant course of study to the internship that you seek. OR; You are a current professional considering a career change and are seeking relevant experience.
Applications are kept on file for 12 months. Incomplete applications will not be considered.