Guest Services Event Operations - Seasonal
Position: Event Ops – Seasonal
Reports to: Guest Services and Sales Management
Coordinates with: Guest Services, Sales, Treetop Adventures and Education
Summary of Responsibilities:
This individual should have a passion for hospitality with a strong work ethic. Event Operations Attendants (Event Ops) will help with the set up and execution of both private and public events. This individual is expected to develop an understanding of the organization’s multiple rental and venue locations, as well as the multiple storage locations for event materials and resources. The Event Ops will assist with sets ups that may include moving and setting up tables, chairs, bar equipment, linens, and catering equipment. Event Ops will learn basic operations of necessary point of sales (POS) devices for ticketed events. Additionally, Event Ops may be presented with the opportunity to assist with bartending.
- Assist the Zoo in fostering an appreciation of wildlife and their habitat that will inspire active participation in conservation.
- Assist management in ensuring safety, cleanliness, and efficiency in all areas of the operation of the zoo and its events.
- Be available as per business needs.
- Always adhere to proper dress attire.
- Always follow and adhere to all policies and procedures for their specific department and the organization.
- Ensure guests are properly greeted and assisted during the event.
- Communicate effectively with all guests and groups.
- Respond to guest needs, both stated and implied.
- Ability to be trained in all necessary aspects of both public and private events. This position also includes evening programs, events, and shows.
- Follow the outlined instructions for event set up and breakdowns, as expressed in the Banquet Event Order or Public Event Order.
- Inform managers and captains of comments, complaints, or concerns.
- Able to problem solve and adapt to any changes to the event.
- This position may require prolonged standing.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Must be able to work inside or outside in a variety of weather conditions.
- Must be at least 18 years or older.
- Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits
- Must be able to work at least 2 weekend shifts (defining a weekend as Friday, Saturday, or Sunday)
Education: High School Diploma/Equivalent
Identification: A valid Driver’s license/State ID and second form of valid identification is required. Ability to pass background and child abuse clearances.
Wage: $14.00-$15.00 per hour depending on experience