Under the supervision of the Event Planner & Event Operations Manager, the intern will be responsible for assisting in the booking and successful production of private events including but not limited to: weddings, bridal/baby showers, corporate events, fundraisers, retreats, and birthday parties.
– Internship is open to all majors with relevance to event planning, hospitality
– Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills required
– Motivated, self-starter who can take minimal direction and see projects through
– No allergies related to plants or animals which would interfere with your ability to work
– Good computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and online services.
– Capable of lifting up to 25 lbs.
– Academic credit or non-credit accepted
– Must have complete PA Child Abuse Clearance and PA Criminal Background check
– You must be at least 18 years of age
– Internship sessions offered Fall, Spring and Summer sessions
– Must be able to work a flexible schedule and attend events, many on weekends and evenings
– Scheduling is based on the needs of Elmwood Park Zoo and intern
– The minimum required time is 10 hours per work week
– Respond to phone and email inquiries
– Draft proposals, contracts, invoices and event plans
– Day to day logistical planning
– Communicating with clientele, caterer, vendors and zoo staff
– Creating additional opportunities to generate revenue from events
– Event setup and execution
– Event evaluation and follow up
– Interns will be provided with the opportunity to learn in an AZA accredited facility that meets the highest standards in zoo practices
– Interns will be provided with hands on experiential learning and mentored by our trained and skilled staff
– Interns will experience working in a fun one on one environment, catered toward their goals
– Internships at Elmwood Park Zoo are developed to provide a rich learning experience and are non-remunerative
– EPZ Internships may be applied to receive college credit in accordance to your school’s policy
EPZ Event Planning and Operations Internship Application
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You must complete a PA Criminal Background Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance and submit the results to us.
- You are a current college student or a recent graduate majoring in or having majored in a relevant course of study to the internship that you seek. OR; You are a current professional considering a career change and are seeking relevant experience.
Applications are kept on file for 12 months. Incomplete applications will not be considered.