2019 Volunteer Sign Up For Wild Lights
What do event volunteers do for the zoo? Volunteering for Harvest Fest and Wild Lights can involve helping guests with making enrichment and/or crafts for our animals, running educational games, assisting photo opportunities managing props, supervising a bonfire with s’mores making, and many other tasks. If any of the above sound interesting then consider signing up for an afternoon or even several!
Volunteers for special events are accepted as singles or small groups, as long as all volunteers are over the age of 14. Volunteering for events at Elmwood can be especially fun with a club, a small group of friends or group of coworkers, and is encouraged! Share the opportunity with friends or family who may also be interested in volunteering, and you help the zoo fulfill our needs!
- ALL volunteers must be over the age of 14 for Elmwood Park Zoo event volunteering
- Zoo parking spots may be limited on busy event days. You are welcome to park in free street parking spots nearby or down Harding Blvd. The best thing to do is give yourself 20 to 30 extra minutes for finding parking.
- Food will not be provided for volunteers, but food is available for purchase in the zoo. *However, remember that volunteers MAY NOT purchase or consume alcohol while they are volunteering
- Remember that the volunteer opportunities at the zoo are mainly outside, so volunteers must always dress practically for the weather.
- Wild Lights events are outside, and at night! You will want to dress warmly in layers, hats, gloves and full winter clothing in order to volunteer
- Unfortunately, those completing court-ordered community service are not eligible for completing hours as short term event volunteers. However, if this is your situation please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org about other ways Montgomery County citizens can complete community service to help the zoo